PrenaTest® Patient profile
For which patients is the PrenaTest® suitable?
National and international professional organizations recommend NIPT as a primary diagnostic procedure in combination with ultrasound in expectant mothers with an increased risk of fetal aneuploidies, i.e. in women of advanced age or with twin pregnancies, and as a follow-up test following a positive first-trimester screening (FTS). The PrenaTest® is also suitable for high-risk pregnancies which are already beyond the FTS time frame.
In order to undergo the PrenaTest®, one of the following indications must apply to the expectant mother:
- Age 35 years and over at the time of the birth of the child
- Increased risk of aneuploidy based on screening methods for prenatal risk determination
- Ultrasound anomalies of the fetus
- Prior pregnancy with fetal aneuploidy
- Hereditary risk of fetal aneuploidy
- Other medical reasons (joint decision of physician and patient)